Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Lays Broken

The beginning had promise.

And the excitement of many more to make and keep.

The journey had just begun.

I had closed my eyes

To take in the fragrance.

Only to open them and see

That there was no one there beside me.

I tried searching

For that elusive memory.

But it only exists

In the realms of my consciousness.

Not all those who wander are lost

Perhaps

They search for a reason

To wander some more.

To keep them safe

From what led them there.

Now

The future lays at my feet.

Its million pieces shattered.

With the shards of dreams never to be

Piercing their way into me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, yeah I think maybe try be more abstruse with your structuring. Too obvious.
I'm not going to say anything about the capitalizing.
Also; don't you love free verse?

Anonymous said...

Working on it, Fuzzy.

TaurMe said...

Whoa...this place is still functioning! 8-O


Anyhoo, Iz likez itz :P

Anonymous said...

I felt guilty not having posted anything since, well, forever! :P
Squiggles ftw \m/
Glad you like it amigo :)

Post a Comment